topbella

Sunday 3 November 2013

Stand-Alone Sunday Review: Tempted by Two by Portia Da Costa

Publisher - Self Published
Publication Date - 26th May 2013
Ebook - 101 pages
Genre - Erotic Romance

Source - Received for review via NetGalley

Rating -  4 out of 5: I really liked it.

Reviewed by - Chrissie

Book Info - When executive woman Katie Warren arrives in the picturesque village of Little Marplethorpe for a country holiday, to reassess her life and her future, she doesn't bargain on ending up in a hot three way love affair with a man she's admired from afar... *and* his gorgeously handsome male partner.

Marcus Dane and Owen Foster are lovers, committed for a lifetime, but they both enjoy the company of women as friends and bedmates too. Encountering Katie at an exhibition of his work, Marcus knows she's just the kind of bold, daring, imaginative woman who'll relish erotic games shared with Owen and himself.

But what none of the trio expects is that their intense, steamy threesome will quickly deepen into a bond that's a lot more than just mind-bendingly fabulous sex.

My Thoughts - When I saw this novella up on NetGalley I have to admit that I was intrigued by the premise. I have read a couple of other ménage books in the past but they have really focused on the sexual side of things, and this one seemed to hold promise of bringing more to the table than just steamy sex. I was hopeful that Tempted by Two would give the reader a look at the emotions behind a relationship between three people, and I wasn't disappointed.

This story was incredibly hot, with threesome action as well as some man on man action, and my ereader was close to combusting with the heat. But, as well as it just being about the heat factor, the intimate scenes also showed a close bond between Katie, Marcus and Owen and were actually very romantic. It wasn't just about the sex for them, although there sure was a lot of it, there was also a genuine connection between the characters which I loved reading about.

But because it was a novella, I felt that there were some areas that were glossed over a little too much for my liking. Although I still felt that it was a complete story and didn't affect my enjoyment of the story overall or my connection with the characters. It was more that I enjoyed their story so much that I wanted more. I would have been happier if this had been a full length novel but I mean that as a compliment rather than a criticism. For example, a hint is given of Owen's tragic past, but I would have liked to know more about that. And they spend two weeks together and it's briefly mentioned that during that time they spent time doing some romantic things together as a trio that I would have enjoyed reading about. Also, at one point, it is mentioned that they have been playing with bondage and pain play but it could have been elaborated on much more than it was. Overall, these weren't huge things, but things I found myself curious about them anyway.

My one main criticism about this book was the large number of spelling and grammatical errors. I just find things like that very distracting when I am reading a novel and there were plenty in Tempted by Two.

Summary - A quick and easy to read novella, full of steamy sex and sweet romance. I enjoyed this one a great deal and would definitely recommend it to fans of this genre.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!