topbella

Sunday 12 February 2012

Paranormal Romance Month Review: A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands (Argeneau Vampires #1)

Publisher - Avon Books
Publication Date - 10th February 2006
Paperback - 384 pages
Genre - Paranormal Romance

Source - Library

Rating - 3 out of 5: I liked it

Book Info - That hot guy tied to Lissianna Argeneau’s bed? He’s not dessert – he’s the main course!

Lissianna has been spending her centuries pining for Mr. Right, not just a quick snack, and this sexy guy she finds in her bed looks like he might be a candidate. But there’s another, more pressing issue: her tendency to faint at the sight of blood… an especially annoying quirk for a vampire. Of course it doesn’t hurt that this man has a delicious-looking neck. What kind of cold-blooded vampire woman could resist a bite of that?

Dr. Gregory Hewitt recovers from the shock of waking up in a stranger’s bedroom pretty quickly – once he sees a gorgeous woman about to treat him to a wild night of passion. But is it possible for the good doctor to find true love with a vampire vixen, or will he be just a good meal? That’s a question Dr. Greg might be willing to sink his teeth into… if he can just get Lissianna to bite.

My Thoughts - I had mixed feelings about this book whilst reading it. I think I’ll start off by mentioning a couple of the things that I wasn’t keen on. Firstly, not much happens in this book. It definitely lacks pace and for quite a large chunk of the book I was wondering when something was actually going to happen. Secondly, the mystery part of the novel wasn’t that strong as I was able to guess from the beginning who was after Lissianna and Greg and this kind of spoiled the ending for me as there was no surprise twist to make things interesting.

Now, onto the good stuff. I really liked the explanation of what vampires are and how they came into existence. For me, this was a very new idea and completely different to any other vampire novels I have read in the past. I also really liked the style of writing – it was easy to read and very funny in places.

Lissianna is a great character who I really liked. She is kind, intelligent and is always willing to put other people first. Greg is another great character who is incredibly likeable. However, I found it a bit difficult to believe that a man who was being held captive by a group of vampires would be more concerned with getting one of them into bed than with trying to escape. I loved all of the character is Lissianna’s family and they helped to provide many of the funny moments during the course of this book.

Summary - Despite the not-so-good points that I mentioned, I did enjoy the book quite a lot and I will be looking for the other books in the series.

Other books in this series:
1. A Quick Bite
2. Love Bites
3. Single White Vampire
4. Tall Dark and Hungry
5. A Bite to Remember
6. Bite Me If You Can
7. The Accidental Vampire
8. Vampires are Forever
9. Vampire, Interrupted
10. The Rogue Hunter
11. The Immortal Hunter
12. The Renegade Hunter
13. Born to Bite
14. Hungry for You
15. The Reluctant Vampire

Other reviews of this book:
Fangs for the Fantasy / Under the Covers / Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your review(: I love this series, though I haven't read this one in particular yet. I would highly recommend Immortal Hunter and Hungry for you they are two of my favorites!

Jenny said...

Well, I love the cover but the synopsis is dripping with too many cliches for my taste. It sounds like a fun quick read I just wished it had a bit more substance to it.

Shelagh said...

The cover is adorable. As Jenny has mentioned, it sounds like a fun weekend read, but nothing much beyond that.

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Katie - I'm glad to hear you enjoy this series so much. I'm hoping to get around to reading some more of them soon :)

Jenny - You've pretty much summed it up there. A light, fun read with not a lot of substance :)

Shelagh - Yep, the cover is very cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!