topbella

Saturday 7 January 2012

Series of the Week: Downside Series by Stacia Kane

Each Sunday I will be highlighting a series that I have been wanting to read for a while, and that I hope to read very soon! This week my pick is the Downside Series by Stacia Kane! I've heard so many good things about this series and I really can't wait to make a start on it... and hopefully soon!


Have you read this series? Let me know what you thought!


Unholy Ghosts
The world is not the way it was. The dead have risen and constantly attack the living. The powerful Church of Real Truth, in charge since the government fell, has sworn to reimburse citizens being harassed by the deceased. Consequently, there are many false claims of hauntings from those hoping to profit.
Enter Chess Putnam, a fully-tattooed witch and freewheeling Debunker and ghost hunter. She's got a real talent for nailing the human liars or banishing the wicked dead. But she's keeping a dark secret from the Church: a little drug problem that's landed her in hot and dangerous water.
Chess owes a murderous drug lord named Bump a lot of money. And Bump wants immediate payback. All Chess has to do is dispatch a very nasty species of undead from an old airport. But the job involves black magic, human sacrifice, a nefarious demonic creature, and crossing swords with enough wicked energy to wipe out a city of souls. Toss in lust with a rival gang leader and a dangerous attraction to Bump's ruthless enforcer, and Chess begins to wonder if the rush is really worth it. Hell, yeah.

Unholy Magic
Chess is a fiercely independent witch and talented Debunker - working for the Church of Real Truth to exorcise ghosts and expose human liars. But she has a dark little secret that is causing her a lot of problems… a drug addiction.
Trying to catch a spectral serial killer with a fondness for his victims’ eyes is distracting Chess from her day job, and her growing attraction to Terrible is making things worse.
Life is getting too complicated and Chess must break the rules to keep her head above water.

City of Ghosts
Rogue spirits and psychopomps are terrorising people, and now someone is planning to open the gates to the City of Ghosts and unleash the dead on humanity.
Faced with her greatest challenge yet, Chess has to travel to the spirit city to finally lay all her ghosts to rest…

4 comments:

Melliane said...

I read the first one of the series but not the second yet which is in my TBR pile. I enjoyed it, it was really different from other books. I really need to read the sequel to know more about the series lol.

Annette Mills said...

I just bought the first one for my Kindle. I think it was cheap. These have been on my list for a long time too. Maybe I'll get to it soon....but maybe not.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

nope i haven't read them..but i want too :)

Anonymous said...

I have these on my TBR pile but haven't yet got to them - I plan to soon though!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd oUt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!