topbella

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Under the Never Sky

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week my "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Aria is a teenager in the enclosed city of Reverie. Like all Dwellers, she spends her time with friends in virtual environments, called Realms, accessed through an eyepiece called a Smarteye. Aria enjoys the Realms and the easy life in Reverie. When she is forced out of the pod for a crime she did not commit, she believes her death is imminent. The outside world is known as The Death Shop, with danger in every direction.


As an Outsider, Perry has always known hunger, vicious predators, and violent energy storms from the swirling electrified atmosphere called the Aether. A bit of an outcast even among his hunting tribe, Perry withstands these daily tests with his exceptional abilities, as he is gifted with powerful senses that enable him to scent danger, food and even human emotions.

They come together reluctantly, for Aria must depend on Perry, whom she considers abarbarian, to help her get back to Reverie, while Perry needs Aria to help unravel the mystery of his beloved nephew’s abduction by the Dwellers. Together they embark on a journey challenged as much by their prejudices as by encounters with cannibals and wolves. But to their surprise, Aria and Perry forge an unlikely love - one that will forever change the fate of all who live UNDER THE NEVER SKY.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore the UK cover for UTNS!
My pick:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday33.html

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

Great minds think alike. I picked this one too for my WoW. It is such a unique dystopian book I so can't wait to read it. Here is My WoW =]

Jenna and Ashley said...

Awesome! I just got this from NetGalley- have you signed up with them yet? They have really good ARCs that they usually give to book bloggers.
-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

Anonymous said...

@Michael: LOL. I was just about to comment about that. Hehe

@Chrissie: You picked something really cool, one I can't wait to read myself. ^_^

Hope you can visit my WoW post this week:

http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

- Mauie from The Traveling Reader

Samual said...

Although the cover is different from the U.S Version's. But I still like it. The book sounds very interesting! Thank you for sharing such a lovely book! Great choice!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Sarah said...

I've had this on my wishlist for a while now, here's mine
http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Seeing this around a lot lately as well!! It's also on Netgalley too!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Nea said...

Nice pick! I looking forward to read this book! :)

I like your blog!

nea barabea
[My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to this as well. Love the pink in the UK cover!

My WOW

Safari Poet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!