topbella

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Review: Touch of the Angel by Rosalie Lario (Demons of Infernum #3)


Publisher - Entangled Publishing
Publication Date - December 2011
Genre - Paranormal Romance

Source - Received from author for review

Rating - 5 out of 5: It was amazing

Book Info - After months of no work, interdimensional bounty hunter Ronin Meyers jumps at the chance to locate an incubus who’s using succubi as murder weapons. Faced with the possibility of being forced to return to hellish Infernum if he fails, Ronin and his brothers will stop at nothing to take out the incubus and anyone else involved—even the beautiful succubus who stole his heart, then nearly his life, during the most mind-blowing hour of his existence.

Night after night, Amara and her fellow succubi are forced to extract special abilities from the strongest Otherworlders for their psychotic master’s growing collection. When the gorgeous angel-demon hybrid she believed to be dead captures her, Amara is both stunned and elated. But the happily ever after she’s dreamed of will have to wait. Together, they must bring down the madman hellbent on destroying them…and become each other’s salvation in the process.

My Thoughts - Ok, so I will try and write this review without too much gushing and fangirling - but I'm not making any promises! I absolutely loved the first two books in this series and had been waiting to read this book for a while. So as soon as my copy arrived I put everything else to one side (well, review books anyway - my kids don't take too kindly to being put aside for a book!) and started reading it straight away. And I absolutely loved it!

One of my favourite things about this series is the world that the author creates. It is so easy to lose yourself within the pages of these books and to fall in love with the characters. The story flows well with a good balance between romance, mystery and action with some good twists along the way to keep the reader guessing.

For those of you who haven't read the other books in the series, Ronin is one of four brothers who are all half-demon/half-something-else (they all have mothers from different species) and what I have enjoyed in all the books was the closeness between these brothers. But things have changed slightly in this one as the eldest brother is now married and his wife is expecting a baby any day now, and another brother has got engaged. I loved how they were still able to stay close despite everything else going on in their lives and how well this part of the story reflects real life.

I also enjoyed reading about how the women in their lives interact with each other. Brynn and Maya have become close and they take Amara under their wing too. Their girly moments bring some light relief during the course of the story.

Ronin and Amara make a very sexy couple and although everything stacks up against them at the beginning you can't help but hope they get their Happy Ever After. There is a huge amount of chemistry between the two and a lot of very steamy scenes.

And the ending was just perfect - a big showdown with the bad guy that had some twists that I just wasn't expecting. And, although everything in this story was wrapped up well enough to feel completely satisfied, the author has snuck in a few tantalizing threads of storyline that will make you desperate to get your hands on book four! So much so that whilst chatting to the author on Twitter the other day I told her that the wait may well be the death of me (if you're reading this Rosalie - I mean you! *gives evil eye*).

Summary - Part of an amazing paranormal romance series that all fans of the genre must read! I can't recommend highly enough!

Other books in the series:
1. Blood of the Demon
2. Mark of the Sylph
3. Touch of the Angel
4. Heart of the Incubus

Other reviews of this book:
Awesome Sauce Book Club / Bitten by Paranormal Romance / Grave Tells
(If you would like your review of Touch of the Angel included here, please leave a link to your review in the comments and I will be sure to add it)

3 comments:

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

I do understand. I'm just glad you're enjoying Blood of the Demon! Hope u enjoy the rest of the series - they just keep getting better and better :)

Rosalie Lario said...

I felt the evil eye from all the way over here, LOL.

I'm so glad you loved Ronin and Amara's story! I'm deep in my writing cave for Dagan's story, and wait until you see what's coming! (*Insert evil laugh here*)

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Ooh, Rosalie Lario you are a wicked, wicked woman!!! Now I may just combust with excitement ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!