topbella

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Review: Hot as Sin by Bella Andre (Hot Shots #2)


Publisher - Rouge Romance (Website)
Publication Date - 14th October 2011
Genre - Romantic Suspense

Source - Received from publisher for review

Rating - 2.5 out of 5: I liked it

Book Info - Sam MacKenzie is a fire fighter who knows no fear. There's no one waiting for him at home, no reason not to risk it all. Out of the blue, the only woman he's ever loved - the same one who ground his heart to dust ten years ago - shows up begging him for help. Dianna's sister is in big trouble somewhere in the rugged Colorado Rockies, and he's the only person Dianna knows with the skills to track her sister down.Working together on their quest, they soon realise there's a killer on the loose and his true target isn't Dianna's sister...it's Dianna herself. Using his extreme outdoor skills, Sam needs to track down the killer, before he loses the woman he loves forever.

My Thoughts - This is another hot and steamy fireman romance from Bella Andre! I enjoyed the first book in this series very much, but Hot as Sin was not as good in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the fast paced plot involving Dianna and her sister who has been kidnapped. Dianna must find her sister, therefore putting herself in danger as she is the kidnapper's intended target. Although the reader knows right from the start who has taken her sister, this does not detract from the story in any way. In fact we get to learn more about the kidnapper and his motives than we would do ordinarily and this makes for interesting reading.

There is a lot of chemistry between Sam and Dianna and this leads to many steamy scenes between the two of them. I loved the background story between the two characters. They were together ten years ago but their relationship breaks down after Dianna suffers a miscarriage. They both feel a lot of hurt over past events and I loved watching them open up to each other about how they felt after their miscarriage and watching them trying to regain each others trust.

However, what made me  have difficulties with this book is that I didn't particularly like Dianna or Sam and as a result of this I found it really hard to connect to either of them. Of course, this is just my personal opinion and other readers may not feel the same way at all. I found Dianna to be very judgemental of others, despite the fact that she is working hard to hide her trailer park background in case she herself gets judged. And Sam comes across as being quite controlling and I didn't like the way he spoke to Dianna at times when he was ordering her around. They were not like this all the time, and there are some very sweet and tender moments between them, but it happened enough for it to bother me.

Summary - An interesting premise to the story, with a lovely romance between Dianna and Sam. I just wish that I had found them to be more likeable. However, if you are a fan of sexy firemen then I would definitely recommend this series to you.

Other books in this series:
1. Wild Heat
2. Hot as Sin
3. Never Too Hot

Other reviews of this book:
All About Romance / Smitten With Reading
(If you would like your review of Hot as Sin included here, please leave a link to your review in the comments and I will be sure to add it)

2 comments:

Sarah W said...

Great review Chrissie! I love firemen - I might have to check this series out :)

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Thanks Sarah! I hope you enjoy them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!